Desde el 29 de mayo hasta el 02 de junio
First Call for ESoA Course "Compact Antennas for Sensor Systems", Barcelona, May 29 - June 2, 2023
In the framework of the European School of Antennas and Propagation (EsoA), we are pleased to inform you that the course "Compact Antennas for Sensor Systems" will take place in Barcelona, from May 29th to June 2nd, 2023. It is organized by the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC) and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL). The course is intended for PhD students, engineers and Post Docs with a background in Electromagnetics.
For this edition of the course, special emphasis will be placed on:
· Electrically compact antennas from microwaves to millimeter-wave, and
· New applications for industrial, scientific and Medical care (ISM)..
Topics covered in relation with the Compact Antennas course:
- Frequency Range (Microwave to Millimeter-wave) for ISM Applications.
- Measurement Techniques: Radiations and circuital Parameters.
- Numerical Techniques.
- Modal Characterization Technique.
- Indoor and Outdoor Scenarios.
- Sensor systems for IoT, Smart Cities, Urban Mobility, Industry 4.0 and Medical Care.
- Industrial Design and Integration for ISM Applications.
- Fundamental Limits and Practical Geometries.
- Design Strategies and Optimization Techniques.
- Advanced Technologies: Multi-element and reconfigurable geometries.
- Antenna personal design project.
COURSE GENERAL INFO:
25 hrs of teaching
5 hrs of laboratory
5 hrs of personal exercises
Basics electromagnetic, antenna, microwave
Availability: 20 students
Credits: 2.5 ECTS for attendance and exercises
Academic: 550€ / Companies: 1100€
4 Registration fee Grants are offered
Technical University of Catalonia,
Jordi Girona, 1-3, 08034, Barcelona, Spain.
For more information, please refer to ESoA Barcelona course website.
Information of upcoming courses, events and activities of ESoA can be found on the official ESoA web page and LinkedIn.
- Prof. Luis Jofre-Roca (course coordinator), Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
- Prof. Anja Skrivervik (course coordinator), École Polythecnique Fédérale de Lausane (EPFL).
- Prof. Jordi Romeu, Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
- Prof. Juan Manuel Rius, Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
- Prof. Sebastián Blanch, Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
- Prof. Marta Cabedo, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV).
- Dr. J. Anguera, Ignion.
Hasta el 17/06/23Proyecto Digitaliza tu Pueblo
Hasta el 16/06/23Premios JJ. Investigadores 2023
Hasta el 21/06/23Doctorado de Antenas con beca de Marie Curie
Hasta el 30/06/23Becas en Cambridge Energy